Monday, September 8, 2014

Harvest Moon

Yours is the light by which my spirit's born:
you are my sun, my moon, and all my stars.
- e.e. cummings
In honour of tonight's harvest moon...
 A bit of art from the weekend

As I was posting these,
I noticed the heart shape
at the bottom left side of the page.
While I was painting it,
I never saw it.
Even here (below), where I outlined 
the heart in black paint...
I never saw it
while I was painting it.
(otherwise, I probably would have followed
a path of hearts for the painting!)
Isn't that strange?
Something that can be so obvious to me now,
but so NOT obvious at the time.
It's funny how sometimes,
things can be right in front of our eyes -
but we don't see it.
What I'm currently reading (again).
I read some books more than once 
and usually get something different
out of them every time.
Depends how I feel and
what I'm open to hearing.
Or seeing.
I love this poster by Lisa Congdon
as much as I love the wise words by Anaïs Nin.
I think we all need to hear this now and then.

And to finish off the evening in style -
a little song called Harvest Moon.
oh, and for the record,
it's so nice to be back here with you all.
I am so behind on reading other blogs,
but i'm getting there.
So many of you are doing such beautiful things...
Leaves me speechless.
xx


3 comments:

  1. Hi Pauline. I like what you said about reading a book and finding something new because of how you feel and what you're open to hearing and seeing. Such wise words and can be applied to all that we do in life. Sometimes I feel that the more open I am to hearing/seeing, the more still and at peace I feel inside and vice versa. Love the poster and it's words. Thank you for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love love Love your harvest moon painting :) breathtaking. All your new pieces are beautiful and with important messages. Blessings -Niina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love your last painting...and Neil Young's music:)

    ReplyDelete